About the course
This course is mainly designed for Civil Engineering graduates who are interested in the Structures and students who aspire to become Structural designers. It deals with complete real time structural designs of Buildings, Many students may have desire to learn the design of buildings from the Real time experts So, Omega cadd is offering the internship course in Structural Engineering domain where a Student would not only learn how to Perform the design of Real time structures but also they will have 100% confidence that they can do it by themselves when this course is completed at Omegacadd.
To become master in Structural Engineering, one should have a sound knowledge of Structural Analysis and Design of RCC Structures and also Design of Steel Structures subjects. But many of students without the basic knowledge on these subjects are aspirants to become Structural Designers. And for this sake of completeness, Omega cadd is conducting academic classes for some necessary topics for the above specified subjects.
Pre requisites for Internship: Basic knowledge of structural engineering subjects and strong desire is required.
Syllabus Covered in this Course
- There will be four main modules in this Internship programme:
- Manual Concepts on Structural Analysis and Design classes.
- Software’s used to perform the Structural Analysis and Design (Etabs/Safe, Staad pro, Strap)
- Training on Preparation of Structural Drawings (Good for Construction Drawings).
- Training on Live Projects for at least 3 different projects.
PART 1 FOR MANUAL CONCEPTS OF ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
- Concepts of Statically Determinate and Statically Indeterminate Structures.
- Basic concepts of Bending moments, Shear force, Torsion and Axial forces in Structural members Beams and Columns.
- Problems sessions on solving of Statically Indeterminate Frame by Displacement methods and Calculation of Deflection in beams.
Introduction to RCC members
Introduction to Materials
Different methods to design of RCC members
Concept of Working Stress method
Limit State method
LIMIT STATE OF COLLAPSE: FLEXURE
- Design of Flexural members (Bending members)
- Design of Doubly reinforced members
- Design for Shear and Torsion
- Deflection check
- Design of Slabs and Staircases
LIMIT STATE OF COLLAPSE: COMPRESSION
- Design of Columns
Design of Soil Retaining structures – Retaining walls.
PART- 2 SYLLABUS FOR ETABS
MODULE 1: Modelling of Frame
- Understanding the Architect plan
- Locating the columns and Beam Framing for the given Architect Plan
- Working with grids
- Defining and assigning the material properties, Cross section dimensions of skeletal elements like beams and columns
- Defining and assigning the spatial elements like slabs and walls
- Concept of Moment release and assigning the moment releases
- Assigning Boundary conditions to Frame at base level.
MODULE 2: LOADS
- Defining load cases (Gravity loads, Wind loads and Seismic loads)
- Assigning the loads to the model
- Defining the load combinations as per IS Codal provisions
MODULE 3: ANALYSIS
- To check displacements for serviceability load conditions
- To check stress in terms of Bending moments, Shear forces, Axial loads, Twisting moments
- Tabulated results for Internal Force resultants for Gravity loads, wind loads and Seismic loads
- Graphical story forces, Base shear and Story drift for Wind and Seismic loads
- Manual calculations for Base shear by using IS 1893-2002/16
MODULE 4: DESIGN
- Design of structural members of beams, columns will be performed for applied Gravity and Lateral loads.
ADVANCED TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
- Flat slabs analysis and design.
- Shear walls
- Dynamic analysis: Response spectrum and Time History analysis.
Why to choose Omegacad
Online & Offline Classes
Training by Industry Experts
Updated Course Materials
Certification after Course Completion
100% Placement Assistance
Private and Group Sessions
I took ETABS/STRAP/STADPRO courses in OMEGACADD. Where I learned Static and Dynamic Analysis of building (RCC). I already learned all those things
Presently I am working in as reputed structure consultants in Delhi as a Structure Engineer. I gained skills of analysis and design
I took the STADPRO/RCC Detailing /Quantity surveying courses in OMEGACADD. Comparing to other institute here we are discussing about live project problems